Monday, January 24, 2011

2nd trip

UPDATED:


Going home tonight after work. Been thinking a lot about formatting of this blog and I am feeling that posting every single trip I make in individual posts is a little over the top. I think I might just have one post a day and update it throughout the day.

Anyways, my commute tonight is going to be hella tricky. I'm supposed to get off around 10:25 and my bus leaves at 10:26 from a place 5 blocks away. If I don't make that bus then I won't get home until midnight. So my (very) hopeful schedule goes a little something like this:



71 leaves NE 41st & University Way NE at 10:26pm (Arrived at 10:24pm)
71 arrives at University St. Station at 10:48pm (Arrived at 10:44pm)

54 leaves 3rd & Seneca at 11:03pm (Arrived at 11:04pm)
54 arrives at California & SW Barton at 11:26pm (Arrived on time)


Thankfully I got off work earlier than I thought and ran to the bus stop. Another thing that I didn't really think that I would be addressing too often is early buses. I assume this happens a lot more at night when there are less people riding, but it's not necessarily a good thing. I know I'm always happy when I'm waiting at a bus stop and my bus is 2 minutes early, but I also know I'm always hella pissed when I'm at a bus stop just on time and the bus had arrived 2 minutes early. 


Overall, I didn't have any major problems with my transportation today. After yesterday, I really needed a day like today. Now to sit down in bed, read, and drink grapefruit juice with vodka to lull me to sleep


-jean

1 comment:

  1. The early bus thing is crappy. Here if they're way ahead of schedule they'll sit at a stop and do paperwork for a few minutes.

    ReplyDelete