Monday, January 24, 2011

First trip of the blog

Today I am going from my home in West Seattle to work in the U-District. I will be timing all of my trips via metro.kingcounty.gov's trip planner so any changes in scheduling that may not be reflected in paper schedules are incorporated and will be timing all of my trips using my phone. I will compare my phone to the time on the orca card scanner time when i arrive on the bus to make sure the times are the same.

According to metro trip planner:

54 leaves SW Barton & California at 3:33pm. (Actually arrived at  3:37pm)
54 arrives at 3rd & Union at 4:07pm. (Actually arrived at 4:09pm)

72X leaves University St. Station at 4:13pm. (Arrived on time)
72X arrives at 41st and University Way NE at 4:26pm. (Arrived at 4:29pm)


Overall not a bad first trip on my blog. All of my buses were within 4 minutes of when they were supposed to be. Though, it kinda sucked that my first bus was 4 minutes late, mainly because I was late myself and ran the last two blocks to the bus stop to make sure I didn't miss it.

My ride was spent listening to Tegan & Sara and Comeback Kid and thinking about this totally fucked up post that Dan Savage made on the Slog today. Other than that, I am at work today until 10:30pm so holler at me on fbchat because i'll be bored!

-jean
PS: still trying to figure out how i should format this. should i do one entry a day, and update it with my various thoughts and transit adventures throughout the day, or should i put up one post per trip? any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment